Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man’s world.
Shopping for a new wallet is probably as hard for me as shopping for jeans. I somehow have this OCD process as to which my wallet needs to meet certain credentials to make the cut. With that I’m dreading coming to terms with needing a new wallet. I currently have a super fun Kate Spade wallet in this highlighter neon yellow/green colour but the fabric in the coin holder has ripped and the zipper get’s stuck on it so I basically can’t use that part and paying to fix that fabric is a little silly, but I just love my little wallet. The thing is I have a very specific style I like when it comes to wallets. I really don’t like the zipper wallets, I only like trifolds or bifolds where I can see everything in front of me and easily pull out cards and money to pay. I also like when the card slots are vertical because again I just find it easier to see everything and pull things out quicker. I also really like when the coin pouch is on the outside preferably on the back of the wallet. I also don’t like “cheap” wallets; designer wallets just last longer. Think about how often you whip your wallet out and then toss it carelessly in your bag…A LOT! I’d like the things I purchase to last, so I spend more to last longer. Think about all the “cheaper” wallets you’ve bought over the years and how many times you’ve probably had to replace it, it’s just not worth it. Splurge a little and the payoff is there I swear.
I’m really not a very picky person but for some reason I’m very particular when it comes to wallets. As long as it meets most of those above credentials and it’s not a zip around wallet then we’re on our way to the mall, or the bank to pay off the designer Visa charge.
1) Coach slim trifold wallet: The inside of this perfect emerald green wallet is a gorgeous rose graffiti print that I am obsessed with. That is number one on my list for a reason! (I think it may be the winner)
2) Gucci leather french flap wallet: As a fan of good Feng Shui, red wallets bring luck and money; something you’ll need after you purchase this wallet. I’m also a huge fan of smaller wallets so I don’t have to condense into a card holder when I switch to smaller bags.
3) Frye harness leather continental wallet via Nordstrom: Super simple and sleek, I am digging this minimalism/functionality combo.
5) Kate Spade New York ‘cameron street-stacy’ textured leather wallet via Nordstrom: Classic style and no fuss inside just like I like it!
6) Mackage ATLAS envelope wallet- Canadian brand in a Canadian colour. Yes and Yes.
7) Liebeskind ‘SLAMR’ wallet-ON SALE and so fierce. Great leather for a great price and super cute mustard yellow colour and snakeskin texture combo.
Did you see what I was craving last time? Check it out here