There’s no place like home! I’m feeling a little Dorothy-esque as I’ve been craving some ruby red shoes as of late. I don’t know why or where this current craving came from, but it’s come on strong like I’m pregnant with a blank canvased shoe baby dying for some red. I think it may have been Jillian Harris that started this red spiral with the #8 pair above that she recently posted on her Instagram. The red just got me because I wear a lot of basics in neutral tones so pops of colour in my accessories is where I like to standout, and a fire engine red is such a power colour that it’s really sticking in my brain where I see outfits before I wear them. I’m also really into shoes that have fun details, fabrics and prints as well, as to stand out in a crowd of black booties. I noticed that I have this thing for pom poms too, how cute are they on shoes!? All of these shoe picks are really making me want to buy a plane ticket to a beach destination, of course after I win the lottery and can afford all of these shoes and the plane ticket.
Since many of these shoes are mega pricey I have a feeling I might try a DIY project in the near future. If It turns out well I’ll be sure to post about it. Anywho, I think red is going to be my colour this spring, and I think yellow too, that’s another colour I’ve been dreaming about. What pops of colour are you looking to rock?
4) Forever 21 B&W plaid pea coat
5) H&M jacquard-weave coat
6) Zara fuzzy textured cuffed jacket
7) Tna via Aritzia denim in medium wash with shearling lining
8) Vero Moda via The Bay leopard coat (on sale!!)
9)Topshop boucle wool coat
I am in the market for a new Winter jacket this season. I don’t mean a fierce snow parka, I have one of those, but more along the lines of a car coat with warmth; something stylish and cool that I won’t freeze my buns off in. My jacket I’ve been rocking for a few years is starting to retire. The buttons fall off every other day and it’s not exactly warm unless I layer loads underneath. I am super tiny so a coat with more structure suits my frame. I can’t exactly do over-sized chic unless I really am trying to look like MK and Ash Olsen circa 2005-2009. This year I am looking for a good basic black coat, a plaid one that is black and white or another mix of neutrals and then for layering, a perfect long down jacket (Roots) for an added layer that might otherwise be missing from a regular car coat. Also great for layering under a leather jacket for added warmth and cool stylistic touch.
I love a good add-on. Dipping sauce, side fry, dangly earring and stacked rings, I am in. In the fall and into the Winter months it’s easy to fall into that rut of wearing dark clothing and accessories, mourning the loss of Summer and overall we’re cold here in Canada. But this season I’m going to try my hardest to pump up the volume in my accessories whether they have some colour to them, are statement pieces, or just are aesthetically pleasing to the eye to add some flavour to my most like outfit of black jeans and a black turtle neck. Currently I’m all about the gold. Not just because my nose ring just so happens to be gold, but it doesn’t hurt to match a little. I’m really into earrings right now as well. I have neeeever been an earring person but all of a sudden I’m very down with a dangly beauty hanging from my ear. Since we’re rolling into a darker season I wanted to change up my scent and I have been eyeing this one by Elizabeth and James. I have tried it on a few times at Sephora and then left to see how it blends with my skin chemistry and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it so that’s most likely my next purchase, right after I get my cavity filled. HELLO NO DENTAL COVERAGE! **I’m crying. Details and links below!
1) GLDN Inital Necklace ( “T” for my boy), I’m obsessed with this one’s raw finish and long chain to layer with my other gold chains.
2) YSL Ring, currently on sale at Haute Classics
3) Vintage Vibe Ray-Ban Sunglasses
4) Glossier Generation G in “Like”, because I’m obsessed with their products and this is the perfect pink closest to my lip shade
5) Bauble Bar drop earrings because lately I’m really digging dangly earrings
6) Gucci bag, a girl can dream
7) Shashi cuff with emerald accents for my birthstone
8) Elizabeth and James Nirvana roller ball scent. Tried it in Sephora and this is for sure my scent.
9) Triple layer Keds, I have been dying for a sneaker with some height! (I’m 5’1)
10) Shashi signet style ring, because I’ve been obsessed with trying to find the perfect signet and this is it!