1) H&M textured camel duster
2) Metallic puffer via Aritzia
3) Topshop boucle jersey coat in dusty pink via The Bay
4) Zara quilted velvet jacket
5) Avec Les Filles Corduroy/faux shearling duo textured jacket via Nordstrom
6) Salmon topper from Oak and Fort
This fall there are a few coat trends I have my eye on, keeping in mind actually staying warm while looking good since I live in Canada. Such trends include the oversized puffer, the statement coat (print or shape), a bubblegum pink topper, metallics, and of course the beloved teddy trend from last year still sticking around. I’m currently searching for a coat that will transition me from warmer fall days into the colder fall days specifically because I’m heading to the UK in a couple weeks and it’s much colder there. Since I’ll be schlepping myself around the city being a tourist I need something that isn’t too heavy for the days that aren’t as cold and something I can pop a sweater under if it does drop a few degrees lower than expected. I have a few coats already from last year that are still “on trend”: the long denim with faux shearling lining, the faux shearling leather jacket, a small puffer, and a leopard coat but I’m just in need of a new basic that has a weeeee bit more warmth and sophistication. I’m leaning towards something of a soft plaid in a neutral colour scheme like the coat from Mango, or a wrap coat in a good camel colour (they’re always too long on my small frame). I guess you’ll see in photos to come which coat I fall through with. Get it, Fall through. Tried to make a pun happen. It didn’t. Let’s move on.
What jackets trends are you leaning towards purchasing this season?
7) Denim and Shearling mix jacket from Topshop
8) Cozy Plaid coat via Aritzia
9) Statement piece via &Other Stories
10) Cupcakes and Cashmere brand teddy coat via Revolve
11) Plaid (style of the season) from Mango
12) A classic Canadian puffer from a classic Canadian brand, Hudson’s Bay Company