1) Wilmington Tote Via Revolve-I’m currently on the hunt for a second hand or vintage straw tote that I can DIY like so. If I find I one I will post the tutorial.
2) Limited Edition snake print bather from Minnow Swim-I’ve definitely hopped on the one piece trend this year.
3) Blue tinted sunnies from Style Nanda, the dopest Korean Fashion shop for Women.
4) Portable bluetooth speaker (my bf has one from this brand that works amazing and has for years) from JBL Via Amazon
5) Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen because DUH! I love this sunscreen and every other product by Hawaiian Tropics. It smells unreal and still helps you get a healthy glow.
6) Swell water bottle because the rumours are true: yes you need to drink a lot of water and yes this keeps your water soooo cold for so long. Also from the cute gem collection.
7) A shell to lay on in the water from Urban Outfitters, because who doesn’t want to be a real life mermaid?!
8) The cutest ankle sling-back sandals from Havaianas I wish I had these when I was in the Philippines last Winter
9) A very large, circular, radly printed beach towel from Indigo/Chapters because I am obsessed with round towels at the moment.
Life of Manek Bomber, Forever 21 T-shirt, Joe Fresh Jeans, Catherine Malandrino Mules via Winners, Philistine Sunglasses
Most days you’ll find me in some variation of a jeans and t-shirt combo. I’m all about being comfortable. I remember I used to dress in ways that I thought was on trend, and it may have been, but I just never felt comfortable. I remember putting outfits together that I knew I wouldn’t wear but would photograph for my blog because it was spread across magazines and was the “trend at the time”. Meanwhile after shooting pictures I would change back into jeans and t-shirt. That has become such a go-to for me that it’s comical when I put a dress on I feel extremely over-done.
Jeans and a t-shirt is how I feel my most comfortable and I like to spice it up with accessories. A statement jacket, interesting shoes, dramatic sunglasses, unique bag and the list does on.
Forever 21 Duster, BDG Jeans, Thrifted Tank Top, Yoki Loafers, Zara Sunglasses, H&M Bag
The beginning of Summer in Toronto is mother nature on menopause as i’ve said many times over. The weather has been 30 plus and humid for the last few days, but on this day it was 20 with no humidity, and currently today as I’m writing this it’s 18/chill and yet another thunderstorm threat on the horizon. The weather and level of comfort truly determine what I’m going to wear day-to-day. I am a jeans and t-shirt girl till death do us part so I like to amp up my basics. That said, enter “the duster”. These long, robe-like coats are so effortlessly chic and I am obsessed with the look. I am a tinier girl so it’s hard not to get lost and swallowed into the length and fabric. Finding the right fit, cut and length is key to this piece. This one from Forever 21 is a great base to finding what worked for me and the price point is perfect; roughly $49.00 CAD. The navy and white stripe combo is a dead given so when I saw it hanging lifeless on the hanger I wanted to give it a home on my back-I was praying it would work. The reason I think this works for me is somehow it cuts me at the mid-shin (I’m about 5’2 one good day), and the horizontal stripes give me a longer looking sillouhette; flattering for ANY woman. The waist tie I tied at the back which cinched the wasit a little; thus not as much fabric flowing all around me.
My other half and I are big thrfiter/vintage shoppers. On my days off we like to hit up VV boutqiue and our fave vintage spots across the city. On this particular day we went to the East side in Leslieville where we stopped at the Lesliville Pumps for lunch. UM HELLO! if you’ve ever been to the southern states and had bbq on the side of the road at a gas station then you know this place in a given. It was unreal. We shared a smoked turkey BLT (Arugala, turkey and turkey bacon, sundried tomatoes with a pesto sauce spread on the bun) and a brisket sandwich with crispy onion and a delicious grainy mustard and a side of wicked coleslaw. We were full until 10pm and it caused me to cheat on my no more carbs diet. I suggest grabbing a bite there if you’re in the area.